To date, there is no official WhatsApp application for Apple Watch. You can still receive and reply to your messages on your smartwatch. To view all your messages and send voice messages, you need to download the WhatChat 2 app.
Meta, owner of WhatsApp, the world’s most popular messaging app, still hasn’t developed an app for the Apple Watch. If WhatsApp is installed on your iPhone, you can still access your last message received through the app and reply to it from your connected watch. With the WhatChat app, which was not developed by Facebook itself, you can access your message history, reply to all your friends and also send voice messages.
Receive your WhatsApp messages on the Apple Watch
If you only bought an Apple Watch Wifi+Cellular to communicate via WhatsApp, then you’re out of luck. Because in order to receive messages sent via the app on your Apple Watch, you have to be close to the iPhone.
Make sure Bluetooth is turned on on your iPhone and your Apple Watch is connected to the iPhone. WhatsApp must of course be installed on your iPhone and notifications must be activated in the iPhone settings.
To do this, proceed as follows:
- Go to the Settings menu , Notifications and then WhatsApp .
- Enables notifications and all three types of alerts.
- Then go to the Apple Watch app. Brings up the notifications and activates the WhatsApp notifications.
- You can now receive your notifications and read WhatsApp messages from your iPhone on your Apple Watch.
Answer your WhatsApp messages from your Apple Watch
After the WhatsApp notifications are activated on your Apple Watch, you can now reply to your messages. Just click on the WhatsApp logo, which also shows the name of the person who sent you a message, and click “Reply”.
Use WhatsApp features on Apple Watch with WhatChat 2
Unfortunately, you can neither read archived messages nor listen to voice messages with the notifications on the Apple Watch.
If you want to use all WhatsApp tools on your Apple Watch, you need to use a third-party application called WhatChat 2. This application promises not to collect your private data and has at least got the green light from Apple for the AppStore.
Here’s how to install the app:
- Install the WhatChat 2 app from the AppStore on your iPhone.
- The app will be automatically installed on your Apple Watch (which must be connected to the iPhone).
- Scan the QR code displayed on the Apple Watch with your iPhone.