No display looks beautiful when it is covered with fingerprints and greasy streaks. Newer smartphones and iPhones usually have a special oil-repellent coating for protection. But even this doesn’t last. You can see how you renew it here.
As a truism says so nicely: Nothing is forever. This also applies to the oil-repellent layer on the smartphone display. Although many devices already have such a layer against grease traces, the protection is not perfect. The reason: after a while it will decrease significantly, so that greasy streaks and fingerprints can become visible.
Frequent cleaning with disinfectant solutions puts additional strain on the coating. So that your display shines like new again, you should apply an oil-repellent coating yourself from time to time.
With microfiber cloth against grease: This is how your smartphone display makes it resistant to imprints
Of course, you don’t have to feel the coating applied every two days. However, if you notice that your display shows more traces of grease and the protection no longer lasts, you should give it a new layer.
Repeater professionals from iFixit use the anti-fingerprint kit from Fusso for the renewal, which you can buy here, for example, for around 14 euros on eBay.
- Cleans the display with a microfiber cloth. With some coating sets, these are already included, but not with the above.
- Take the coating liquid and hold it with the opening facing up. First cover the opening with a cloth so that not too much liquid gets on the display.
- Place the opening on the display and spread the liquid over the entire display.
- Uses a microfiber cloth to rub the liquid on the display until it is no longer visible.
- The exposure time is a minimum of four hours. In order for the protection to harden, you must not touch the display during this period.
Keep in mind that protection increases as you leave it on for longer. If you want to achieve good protection, we recommend that you carry out this procedure before going to bed. So you don’t even think about playing around on your smart or iPhone. If residues remain, you can remove them with a microfiber cloth after the exposure time (between four to eight hours).