Mozilla has started distributing Firefox 74. The new browser version will soon be available to users of older versions via the auto update function. about you can also immediately download and install this download link in the German version of Firefox 74.
Firefox 74 ends support for TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for website connections. When trying to open websites that do not support TLS version 1.2, an error message appears. Mozilla announced the corresponding change a few weeks ago.
The main improvements in Firefox 74:
- In the built-in password and login manager Firefox Lockwise, there is now also the option of displaying the entries from Z to A sorted.
- Firefox now allows bookmarks and history to be imported from the new Microsoft Edge browser (Windows and macOS)
- Firefox add-ons installed by external applications can now be uninstalled using the Add-Ons Manager (about: addons). In future, external applications will no longer be allowed to install any Firefox add-ons, but the installation of Firefox add-ons must be carried out by the user.
- Firefox users can use the Facebook page via the Mozilla add-on Facebook Container without Facebook being able to track the user. Facebook logins, likes and comments are automatically blocked on non-Facebook pages.
- During video and sound conversations, users can disguise their IP address via mDNS ICE.
The developers have fixed a bug that caused the pinned tabs to disappear. There are also minor improvements, for example Windows users can now use the hotkey Ctrl + I to display the page information. So far, this keyboard shortcut opened the bookmark sidebar, which can still be opened with Ctrl + B.
Firefox 74 also fixes security gaps, but this information is not yet available (as of March 10, 2:15 p.m.). We will submit the information as soon as possible.